Tuesday, May 10, 2011

sitting on the small of my back.Im so sorry.

Here
Here. I said. Close to the bank I saw deep pools. We talk too much even for the Tenente. Ive seen you about. then it pattered into a stream. He was dressed. said Bassi.I looked back and saw her standing on the steps. Im learning it.We looked at each other in the dark. they would not be loaded.No Yes.

. To the north we could look across a valley and see a forest of chestnut trees and behind it another mountain on this side of the river. I told them what I had heard. he pointed to the thumb. stepping carefully among the wounded. said the major.It was a ghastly show.Here is the corkscrew.This is the third day.I went out to look at the cars and see what was going on and then came back and sat down in the dugout with the four drivers.I did not.Why didnt we see the post when we came down Passini asked. I had drunk much wine and afterward coffee and Strega and I explained.

 They take your sisters. You do me a translation and I will send it to The Lancet.I left them working.And youll be backTo morrow. misunderstandings. drink that.We were off the driveway. Oh Jesus shoot me Christ shoot me mama mia mama Mia oh purest lovely Mary shoot me. She went on down the hall. I said. The telescope that fitted it was. brought by Gordini who looked very white and sick.There were small gray motor cars that passed going very fast usually there was an officer on the seat with the driver and more officers in the back seat.

 The officers all wore helmets; betterfitting helmets.Arent you a nurseOh.Not like the English Not like Miss BarkleyOh. then stood up. mama Mia. Because we would not wear any clothes because it was so hot and the window open and the swallows flying over the roofs of the houses and when it was dark afterward and you went to the window very small bats hunting over the houses and close down over the trees and we would drink the capri and the door locked and it hot and only a sheet and the whole night and we would both love each other all night in the hot night in Milan. He opened his trunk and took out a bottle. You must forgive me for talking so much. when they wouldnt attack and they shot every tenth manNo.She looked down at the grass. the major said.You will. really.

 the instruments shining in the light. hauling them back from the mountains to the clearing station and then distributing them to the hospitals named on their papers. I always thought he was French. After I leave here Ill go see that English and hell get you an English medal. Gordini winced and smiled. Naples.The Italians didnt want women so near the front. I dont go there any more. Messina. They lifted me onto the table. drunk. he said.I stopped in front of the Villa Rossa.

 You take it. I never hurt anybody. I think the heat knocked me over yesterday. Ireland of Michigan. He talks French. You are a dear.Is there anything I can do. Good by. They have their own country. They poured me more wine and I told the story about the English private soldier who was placed under the shower bath. Let him go to centres of culture and civilization. They are keeping them for the pleasure of dugout hiders in the rear. You wont worry now.

 You see Im not mad and Im not gone off. Orderly. The little major looked at us furious. In Pittsburgh. What kind of time did you haveMagnificent. yes. People lived on in it and there were hospitals and cafe and artillery up side streets and two bawdy houses. Were not cloistered. brushed my hair and we started.Priest every night five against one.Priest not happy.And what did he say asked the priest. As I looked out at the garden I heard a motor truck starting on the road.

 looking at my eyes all the time.I say its rotten. Where have you beenCalling on the British. there was snow on the guns and there were paths in the snow going back to the latrines behind trenches. said Rinaldi.The drops fell very slowly.A showI dont think its anything. he said. I translated. then choking.I left them working.It was because we were scared. the fighting in the mountains beyond the town.

 The telescope that fitted it was. The river ran behind us and the town had been captured very handsomely but the mountains beyond it could not be taken and I was very glad the Austrians seemed to want to come back to the town some time. He opened his trunk and took out a bottle. I identified them by their red and white striped collar mark. Whats the matter with this machineIts no good. there was snow on the guns and there were paths in the snow going back to the latrines behind trenches. He broke off. looking for cuts or stone bruises. Two for 132.I sat in the reception hail of the villa. She waved again and then I was out of the driveway and climbing up into the seat of the ambulance and we started.I took out my knife. A soldier came along after the last of the stragglers.

Bring good opera disks. Im all right. but it was not Catherine.Its Manera. Drink that. Hes coming to see you.Which side is it onHere. I said.If I go back theyll make me get operated on and then theyll put me in the line all the time. I got a rupture. Macedonias. I have to go. Milan.

 You will come with me to see Miss Barkley. its smooth surface covered with brick dust. If youve got a fracture you dont want inflammation. That was how it ought to be. He bent over me. I wore one when we went up to the posts and carried an English gas mask. They are keeping them for the pleasure of dugout hiders in the rear. Stop it.Do we have to go on and talk this wayNo. stirred by the breeze.I was very dusty and dirty and went up to my room to wash. the meal was finished. Two men were lifting the hernia man to put him in.

 in order that I might understand perfectly.Thank you very much. But millions of fools like you dont know it. I do not believe in the Free Masons however. They lifted me and the blanket flap went across my face as we went out.Have you any moneyYes. They told me you were on duty. Passini said. Dont you want us never to attackNo.Dont worry. I repeated it. We in the auto ambulance cannot even realize at all how bad it is. I wanted to go to Austria without war.

 I just tell you. Chew those. have that pleasant air of a dog whoStop it. What inflicted the woundsThe medical captain. Drink that.We sat down on a bench and I looked at her. Porta feriti I tried to get closer to Passini to try to put a tourniquet on the legs but I could not move.In the ward at the field hospital they told me a visitor was coming to see me in the afternoon. he said. I thought. The wind blew the leaves in the bower over the door of the dressing station and the night was getting cold. I said. Nobody knew anything about it although they all spoke with great positiveness and strategical knowledge.

 He slapped me on the shoulder. There were four drivers. you dont. But I am telling it for our priest here.Bring Caruso. I was experiencing the masculine difficulty of making love very long standing up. She stood up and put out her hand. They were silent until I went out. Let him go to centres of culture and civilization. He said it was true and by the corpse of Bacchus we would test whether it was true or not. At the post on the top they took the stretcher out and put another in and we went on.Have you any cheeseThe major spoke grudgingly to the orderly who ducked back into the hole again and came out with a quarter of a white cheese. and tenentecolonello (the little finger).

 It would not finish it if one side stopped fighting. Tenente. They cant do that to everybody. My orderly had cut paper into strips and tied the strips to a stick to make a brush that swished the flies away. He lived in Udine and came out in this way nearly every day to see how things were going. for your own good.All right. A little that way like the number of the first regiment of the Brigata Ancona. They were silent until I went out.How are the cars Manera asked. hauling them back from the mountains to the clearing station and then distributing them to the hospitals named on their papers. sitting on the small of my back.Im so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment